Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Lynne Miller-Hatter Wants to Know About You

Hello, Budd family. My name is Lynne Miller-Hatter. While I had several
years with Budd-Clinton before it's closure, I landed at Budd-Shelbyville
shortly before the plant opened, joining the Materials Dept. Never had I
worked so hard or had so much fun (kudos to Dick LaFeir who was my boss and
mentor for many of my years at Budd.) The Shelbyville Plant was truly one
of a kind; the culture was so much different than Budd-Clinton! We all
felt really part of the plant and wanted it to succeed, which it surely did!

However, nothing is forever, and I retired in 2001 as things began to
change, moving to Angola, Indiana a few years thereafter. I often wonder
where all my friends landed and hope they are all doing well. Perhaps I
will hear of some of them in Paul's blog. I drove past the Thyssen-Krupp
headquarters last week and really felt a pang of regret as Budd is no longer
on their neon sign. Very sad indeed. The best of luck to all of the Budd
family everywhere!